Department of Surgery
Jan 26 2021
Brief statement about the Department’s research interests/direction
RCT on Bioethics Involving final year RUMC students – Dr. Bikramjit Pal & Dr. Vasanthie Balakrishnan from the Dept. of Surgery are the investigators of this research project.
List of on-going studies
|Title of Study||Principal Investigator||Status (e.g. recruiting, follow-up, completed)|
|A PROSPECTIVE RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL ON THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TEACHING BIOETHICS USING STANDARDIZED PATIENTS IN COMPARISON TO VIDEO-ASSISTED LECTURE IN UNDERGRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION.||Bikramjit Pal||Ethical approval received from JPEC. Now in the process of validation of MCQ & OSCE questionnaires for the study. Pilot study is expected to start from February 2021.|
|HOW PREPARED ARE MEDICAL GRADUATES OF RCSI+UCD MALAYSIA CAMPUS (RUMC) FOR HOUSEMANSHIP IN MALAYSIA?||Harinarayan Radhakrishna||Applied for ethical approval from JPEC.|
Please look for the citations at https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=okV9KIQAAAAJ&hl=en
- Pal B, Gupta SK. A study on the relation of the severity of diabetic foot ulcers with the type of bacterial flora isolated from the wounds. International Surgery Journal; Vol 3, No 1 (2016): January-March 2016. 2016.
- Pal B, Raveender N, Sudipta P. A study on the impact of smoking and alcoholism as determinant factors in the prognosis and outcome of diabetic foot ulcer disease. 2016. 2016;4(5):5.
- Bikramjit P, Raveender N, Sudipta P. The importance of HbA1C and erythrocyte sedimentation rate as prognostic factors in predicting the outcome of diabetic foot ulcer disease. 2017. 2017;4(1):6.
- Pal B, Choudhury S, Kumar G. AN OBSERVATIONAL STUDY ON THE CORRELATION OF THE SEVERITY OF DIABETIC FOOT ULCER DISEASE WITH THE SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE AND CONCOMITANT PRESENCE OF HYPERTENSION AND DYSLIPIDEMIA IN AN URBAN POPULATION OF INDIA. IJMAS. 2015;4:267-77.
- A study on the usefulness of high fidelity patient simulation in undergraduate medical education