- The FY modular structure follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
- It is delivered in 2 semesters – Semester 1 (September to January) and Semester 2 (January to June), with each comprising of:
- 12 weeks of direct-contact teaching
- 1 week of revision
- 2 weeks of examinations
Malaysian Students: RM40,000
International Students: RM45,000
If you are a Malaysian student looking to enrol into RUMC, you may be eligible for financial assistance, such as PTPTN, EPF and more.
Discover your funding options below.
Compulsory subjects to apply for Pre-Med Foundation Year are Chemistry, Biology, and Physics (OR) Mathematics.
You are required to submit English language requirements in the form of IELTS, TOEFL and/ or SPM GCE 1119 English. The admissions team will confirm your eligibility upon receiving your application.
Applicants with Foundation in Science, Pre-Medical Foundation (excluding RUMC Pre-Medical Year) and some Matriculation programmes must attain a minimum of the following at School Certificate level or its equivalent:
SPM / O-Level: 5 Bs In Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics (Or Additional Mathematics) And Another Subject
*Please note that all requirements stated above are minimum academic criteria and do not guarantee admission. Entry requirements above may be updated and the final decision lies with RUMC Admissions.
Note: This information is correct at the time of display and is subject to change.
Our Pre-Med programme consists of 8 modules, amounting to 60 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits in total.
- Certain modules carry 5 credits while some others come with 10 credits.
- The rationale behind the introduction of 10 credit modules into the FY was primarily to decrease the assessment burden on students in Semester 1 (being mindful of the challenges faced by some students on making the transition to tertiary level education).
You are required to pass all modules for the successful completion of the Pre-Med Foundation Year programme and to progress into the 5-Year Medical Degree programme.
Firm offer will be provided upon the release of final results.
You should have the following list of scanned documents prepared to complete the online application.
Certified copy of Birth Certificate, NRID/MyKad (Malaysians) and Passport Details Page (International)
Final or Forecast Results from Current Pre-University Institution (i.e A-Level, IB, AUSMAT, STPM etc)
IELTS/ TOEFL/GCE O-Level (1119 English)
IGCSE/ SPM Results
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
FOR MATURE STUDENTS: University Transcript