Minimum: 2 years
Maximum: 4 years
An MD requires a candidate who has already obtained the MB BCh BAO qualification to attend and perform research activities under the appropriate supervision of RUMC and either RCSI or UCD, for a minimum of 2-years, full-time.
Note: It’s the postgraduate students’ responsibility to register each year before submission of thesis.
Failure of students to register will lead to automatic disqualification from the programme.
MD, MCh, MAO Full-time (Euro (€)):
UCD: € 4,600
MD, MCh, MAO Part-time (Euro (€)):
- An additional National University of Ireland (NUI) fee of €45 per year applies for years 1 to 3.
- Please contact RCSI/UCD Fees Office should you have any queries on the fee payment.
- Do take note of the increase in fee by ~5% per annum.
You are required to possess the following criteria to register for the Structured MD programme at RUMC.
- An MB BCh BAO degree OR equivalent.
(eligible for full registration as a medical doctor with the Irish Medical Council).
- Conducted research for a minimum of two years, full-time.
MD can be awarded, after a minimum of 3 years from the award of above degrees.
English Language Requirements
- If English is not your first language, you are required to demonstrate a high standard of written and spoken English.
- You are required to submit IELTS or equivalent language test scores, for both written and spoken English. (eg: TOEFL, Cambridge.)
- An IELTS score of 7.0 is desirable, but scores > 6.5 are also accepted.
- Registration for the programme is to be made via RUMC.
- Application form (consists of proposal template) to be completed and submitted to RUMC Registrar
- Registrar will forward the application to RCSI or UCD upon preliminary review.