As a foreign branch campus of leading universities in Ireland, we are known for delivering high-quality medical education to a diverse range of international students.
Our Student Affairs team is ever-ready to provide you with the relevant advice and guidance to manage your immigration requirements, to ensure a smooth study journey to Malaysia.
You may refer below for a general overview of the requirements on student pass and visa.
- If you are an international student arriving in Malaysia, you are required to apply for a student pass that provides you with permission to study at an approved institution in Malaysia.
- Upon acceptance of the offer, our Student Affairs team will assist your application for Student Pass through Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS).
- You must ensure that all necessary documents to apply for the Student Pass are submitted to the Student Affairs team six (6) months before you arrive in Penang.
- EMGS is a Malaysian Government agency and also the official information portal for students who are planning to pursue their studies in Malaysia.
- All international student applications are made through this.
- A visa is required to gain entry into Malaysia. However, certain countries may be exempted from applying one.
- Please check with the nearest Malaysian Embassy / Mission if you need a visa OR refer to EMGS Malaysia Student Visa Guide for more information.
- You may also seek the assistance of the Student Services team in Dublin on your visa application before you arrive in Penang for Clinical Years.
- During your final year in Dublin, the International Team in RUMC will assist with organising your visa for entering Malaysia.