Upon completion of RUMC’s MSc in Public Health, you will be able to:
- Identify the factors that influence health status.
- Master epidemiological designs of study and analysis.
- Develop relevant skills to assess the health status of the population.
- Acquire a critical appraisal and problem-solving skills.
- Work as team members in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating health policy.
- Demonstrate the capability to integrate a range of disciplines effectively.
- Understand the organisation & financing of health services and its impact on international population health.
Malaysian: RM 40,000 only
International: RM 42,500 only
Scholarships / Loan
- Malaysia Ministry of Health (subject to availability) – *For MOH employees only
- South East Asia nationals offer holders may apply for South East Asia One Health University Network (SEAOHUN) scholarships if available.
- Withdrawal of Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
You can apply for the Master in Science Public Health programme if you are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree graduate with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Either Malaysian or International Student
Delivery of this programme is conducted using modules and research projects with a particular focus on public health issues.
- Biostatistics I
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Applied Research Methods & Data Management
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology
- Chronic Disease Epidemiology (incl. Social Determinants of Health)
- One Health
- International Health (I and II)
- Principles of Management, Health Economics & Health Policy
- Environmental Science & Health
- Health Promotion
- Family Health
- Biostatistics II
- Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Occupational Health for Public Health Professionals
The MSc in Public Health qualification provides you the opportunity for career development.
Refer to some of the progression pathways below:
- Local positions in your country’s public health service.
- International positions with Global Agencies (WHO, FAO, OHUN).
- NGOs involved in health improvement initiatives.
- Entry qualification for US CDC Epidemiology Investigation Service and similar Field Epidemiology programmes.
- Research and/or academic public health careers – DrPH or PhD.
You should have the following list of scanned documents available while completing the application:
Examination records & certificates by authorities and full transcript of any University Studies
Certified copy of Birth Certificate and MyKad (Malaysian) or Passport Cover Page (International)
Confidential Referral Letter by a superior or head of department (as proof of character)
CV or work history
Proof of English proficiency (GCE “O” Level /1119 Cambridge English/ MUET/ IELTS/TOEFL)
Digital copy of passport-sized photo
Any additional achievements to support your admissions