Department of Public Health
Jan 19 2021
Brief statement about the Department’s research interests/direction
One Health, Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting, Trans women health, Health education and promotion among indigineous population
List of on-going studies
|Title of Study||Principal Investigator||Status (e.g. recruiting, follow-up, completed)|
|FGM/C in South East Asia||Rashid||Ongoing until 2023|
|Trans women health||Rashid||Ongoing|
|Serology and Knowledge, Attitude and Practice regarding prevention of Plasmodium Knowlesi among villagers in Peninsular Malaysia||Fairuz Fadzilah Rahim||Analysis|
|Knowledge and perceptions on nasopharyngeal cancer among at-risk smokers in Sarawak,Malaysia||Fairuz Fadzilah Rahim||Recruiting|
|Translation, cultural adaptation andpsychometric properties of the Malay version of Mindful Eating Questionnaire||Dr Chean Kooi Yau||Analysis|
|Development and Validation of an instrument to assess the Risk of Child Injuries in Primary Care setting: an Initiative of a Child Health Prevention Program||Dr Chan Mei Wai||Recruiting|
- Rashid A, Iguchi Y, Afiqah SN. Medicalization of female genital cutting in Malaysia: A mixed methods study. PLoS Med. 2020;17(10):e1003303
- Rashid A, Lau SF. Using field training in indigenous communities as a method of creating awareness of the one health concept among Malaysian university students: a non-experimental pre and post-test intervention study. One Health Outlook. 2020;2(1):15.
- Rashid A, Iguchi Y. Female genital cutting in Malaysia: a mixed-methods study. BMJ Open. 2019;9(4):e025078.
- Dawson A, Rashid A, Shuib R, et al. Addressing female genital mutilation in the Asia Pacific: the neglected sustainable development target. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. 2019;n/a(n/a).
- Rashid A, Mohd R. Poor social support as a risk factor for antenatal depressive symptoms among women attending public antennal clinics in Penang, Malaysia. Reproductive Health. 2017;14(1):144.
- Ganasegeran K, Rashid A. Clearing the clouds-Malaysia’s vape epidemic. Lancet Respir Med. 2016;4(11):854-856.
- Rashid A, Tahir I. The prevalence and predictors of severe depression among the elderly in Malaysia. Journal of cross-cultural gerontology. 2015;30(1):69-85.
- Kader Maideen SF, Rahim FF, Abdul Rashid, Abdul Rahman SA (2020). Seroprevalence of Hepatitis B among municipal waste collectors in Penang Island, Malaysia and their knowledge, attitude and practice towards the prevention of Hepatitis B. Global Journal of Health Sciences 12 (7).
- Rahim FF, Abdul Rahman SA, Kader Maideen SF, Abdul Rashid K (2020). Prevalence and factors associated with prediabetes and diabetes in fishing communities in Penang, Malaysia: A cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE 15(2): e0228570.
- Abdul Rahman SA, Kader Maideen SF, Rahim FF, Abdul Rashid (2019). Seroprevalence, knowledge, attitude and practice regarding prevention of Hepatitis C among municipal waste collectors in Penang Island, Malaysia. Journal of Clinical and Health Sciences 4 (1): 47-57.
- Rahim FF, Kader Maideen SF, Abdul Rashid K, Abdul Rahman SA (2019). The preferred Public Health Medicine learning styles among medical students. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research 18 (6): 128-146.
- Chin DM, Kader Maideen SF, Rashid, A. (2019). Knowledge, Attitude and Practices Towards Dietary Iron Among Patients With Thalassaemia And Their Caregivers In Peninsular Malaysia. Med J Malaysia 74 (5): 365-371.
- Othman HF, Pawanchee ZF, Yaacob Y, Syed-Hussain SS, Kader Maideen SF, Abdulrahman SA (2017). Implementation of control measures. In One Health Manual: On handling zoonotic disease outbreaks in Malaysia (pg 85-100). Malaysia One Health University Network (MyOhun) ISBN: 978-967-960-416-0.