RCSI & UCD RUMC ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/2019
RCSI & UCD are committed to supporting students who have a strong commitment to the study of medicine and for whom joining the RUMC course may not be a possibility without the assistance of a scholarship. RCSI & UCD are equally committed to rewarding high achieving applicants to RUMC.
Scholarships available are:
- Full Scholarships
- Partial Scholarships
- Foundation in Science Scholarships
RUMC FULL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Scholarships are available to cover full tuition fees
- Awarded only to applicants achieving at least 3As at A-Level or 38 points at IBDP (excluding bonus points) or equivalent.
- Applicants must be accepted for admissions to RUMC prior to applying for a scholarship.
- Applicants must hold an offer letter from RUMC and have paid a deposit or hold a deposit waiver.
- Applicants must not be bonded to or in receipt of any financial aid or rewards from other educational
institutions or organisations.
- Applicants will be assessed on both academic and non-academic achievements.
- Applicants must complete, sign and submit the application form, submit 2 essays, and provide a letter of reference by 31st May 2019 via email@example.com
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview in June 2019.
RUMC PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS
- Partial scholarships are available to cover 20% of full tuition fees
- Awarded only to applicants applying before 31 January 2019 and achieving at least 3As at A-Level or 38 points at IBDP (excluding bonus points) or equivalent.
- Applicants must apply for admissions to RUMC before midnight on 31 January 2019
- Applicants must be accepted for admissions to RUMC and pay their deposit prior to 15 February 2019.
- Applicants will be assessed on early bird application and academic achievements.
- There is no application form. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants to RUMC who applied before the deadlines and meet the required academic grades in their final examinations.
|RUMC Early Bird High Achiever Scholarship (Partial)|
|Dublin per semester||€13,200 (Euro)||€15,200 (Euro)|
|Penang per semester||RM35,100 (Malaysian Ringgit)||RM46,000 (Malaysian Ringgit)|
|Total 5 Year||RM 498,900*||RM 602,400*|
RUMC FOUNDATION IN SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarships equivalent to 50% of the tuition fee will be awarded to students who have obtained 8A’s and above in their SPM (or equivalent). Apply early for the RUMC FIS with interim results. Application Deadline: 31 March 2019. Students with 8As who apply after 31 March 2019 will be awarded a scholarship equivalent to 25% of the tuition fee.
Scholarships equivalent to 25% of the tuition fee will be awarded to students who have obtained 6A’s and above in their SPM (or equivalent). Apply early for the RUMC FIS with interim results. Scholarship to be awarded upon confirmation of final results.
RUMC’s decision on awarding these scholarships will be final and successful offer holders will be notified after examination results are confirmed.