RCSI MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH RESEARCH (PART-TIME)
AT RCSI & UCD MALAYSIA CAMPUS (RUMC)
N/720/7/0051 (FA 4091) 01/19
This 2-year, part-time innovative programme is tailored to the career development needs of medical, allied health professionals, social science graduates or professionals looking to pursue or switch to a career in research. It is also suitable for those with no medical background but are looking to contribute to the industrial perspective of health research.
The course teaching is designed to facilitate people working full-time, adopting a blended learning approach, including weekend teaching and distance learning. The research component includes hands-on workshops and designated times for direct interaction with research supervisors.
Students are jointly registered with RCSI and RUMC and have access to RCSI’s e-library.
Graduates are awarded a Master of Science from the RCSI and National University of Ireland (NUI). This is a level 9 award on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in Ireland and is compliant with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Malaysian Ministry of Education (MOE).APPLY NOW ENQUIRE NOW
Intake: September 2019
Duration: 1 year, 9 months + viva
You will be conferred a Master of Science Degree in Health Research upon successful completion of the full programme. However, should applicants prefer a shorter course, you will be conferred:
- A Postgraduate Certificate upon successful completion of first 2 semesters
- A Postgraduate Diploma upon successful completion of first 3 semesters
RM 40,000 only
SCHOLARSHIPS & LOANS
Applicants may apply for:
Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Withdrawals – http://www.kwsp.gov.my/portal/en/web/kwsp/home
Open to Malaysian citizens, Expatriates and Permanent Residents of Malaysia only
Attendance is compulsory for six (6) weekend classes per semester.
The research component also includes hands-on workshops and designated times for direct interaction with research supervisors.
Supervisors are chosen based on your research area of choice. You may also choose your own research supervisors.
Semester 1 – 3 months
- Introduction to the Research Process
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
Semester 2 – 3 months
- Basic Biostatistics
- Measuring Health Outcomes
Semester 3 – 3 months
- Advanced Biostatistics
- Qualitative Research
Semester 4 – 1 year
- Research & Viva
- Examination records & certificates by authorities and full transcript of any University Studies
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate and MyKad (Malaysian) or Passport Cover Page (International)
- Confidential Referral Letter by a superior or head of department (as proof of character)
- CV or work history
- Proof of English proficiency (GCE “O” Level /1119 Cambridge English/ MUET/ IELTS/ TOEFL)
- Digital copy of passport-sized photo
- Any additional achievements to support your admissions