FOUNDATION IN SCIENCE AT RUMC
N/010/3/0491 (PA9105) 12/2022
Why Choose the Foundation in Science at RUMC?
- Early induction into the medical degree programme
- Allows interaction between foundation students and their senior medical students
- Opportunities to interact with clinicians
- Eligibility to apply the RUMC 5-Year Medical Degree Programme upon meeting terms and conditions
- Exclusive accommodation for FIS students arranged at a reduced price with transportation provided to and from the campus
Intake: May 2020
Duration: 1 year
Malaysian Students: RM30,000
International Students: RM35,000
Upon completion, students would have:
- Good knowledge of the basic sciences and their applications in medicine and the health sciences
- Capable of engaging with scientific topics by virtue of understanding basic concepts and the relevant terminology
- A range of fundamental study and communication skills
- Developed English language skills
- Developed basic laboratory skills in the basic sciences
- Experienced exposure to the clinical and caregiving aspects of the medical and healthcare professions
Scholarships / Bursaries
Scholarships equivalent to 50% of the tuition fee will be awarded to students who have obtained 8A’s and above in their SPM, 7As in IGCSE (or equivalent). Apply early with interim results. Application Deadline: 30 April 2020.
Scholarships equivalent to 25% of the tuition fee will be awarded to students who have obtained 6A’s and above in their SPM (or equivalent). Apply early with interim results. Application Deadline: 30 April 2020.
Scholarship to be awarded upon confirmation of final results.
CGPA 3.5 – 4.0: Eligible to apply to 5-Year Medical Degree Programme at RUMC awarded by the National University of Ireland. Students will spend 2.5 years in Ireland and 2.5 years in Penang.
CGPA 3.0 – 3.49: Eligible to apply to 1-year Pre-Medical Year at RUMC
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) / O-Levels
3As 2Bs (AAABB) in Biology, Chemistry, Physics,
Mathematics / Additional Mathematics and one other subject
Thailand – Matayom 6
cGPA of above 3.0 with a GPA of above 3.5 in each of Science
(including Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Mathematics and English respectively
Unified Examinations Certificate (UEC)
B4 in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics or
Vietnam – High School
45/50 Points with subject combination of
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and an additional subject.
Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants are required to submit English language requirements in the form of IELTS, TOEFL and/ or SPM GCE 1119 English. Admissions team will confirm your eligibility upon receiving your application.
Note: This information is correct at time of display and is subject to change.
*Please note that all requirements stated above are minimum academic criteria and do not guarantee admission. Entry requirements above may be updated and final decision lies with RUMC Admissions.
Call Now: +6(04) 217-1888
- General Physic 1
- General Chemistry 1
- General Biology 1
- General Mathematics
- Language, Communication & Study Skills 1
- Basic IT
- General Physics 2
- General Chemistry 2
- Human Systems 1
- Languages and Communication Skills 2
- Professionalism in the Health Sciences
- Physics for Health Sciences
- Chemistry for Health Sciences
- Human Systems 2
- Introduction to Diseases, Diagnostics, Therapeutics
- Elective Projects
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION & INFORMATION
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate, NRID/MyKad (Malaysians) and Passport Details Page (International)
- IGCSE/ SPM/ O-Levels Results or equivalent