PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR RCSI & UCD MALAYSIA CAMPUS
RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC), also formerly known as Penang Medical College, respects and is committed to the protection of your personal information and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC) collects, processes and retains certain types of personal data of its current, prospective and past students which have been provided by you to RUMC or any of its personnel or authorized representatives and recruitment agents, so that it can carry out its function as a provider of higher education.
Please note that RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC) may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
SECTION A: PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Type of personal information
Personal information means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to RUMC for the purposes stated in Section B below.
Your personal information may include your name, identification/passport number, contact details, date of birth, gender, religious belief, medical details, information on family or next of kin, academic records, employment records, information in audio and/or video format including voice, recording and security recording, and images (including photographs).
RUMC collects your personal information directly from you or indirectly from your parents/guardians and/or recruitment agents when you send us completed enquiry, application or registration forms via various means, including online and physical hardcopies at public venues, seminars held at schools and/or when you, your parents/guardians and/or recruitment agents visit our campus. Your personal information may also be collected from cookies through the use of our website.
3. Obligatory personal information
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise.
Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we may be unable to process your request and/or provide you with relevant services and/or complete the transaction.
SECTION B : PURPOSES OF COLLECTING AND PROCESSING (INCLUDING DISCLOSING) YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal data as provided in your enquiry and/or application and/or registration forms and such other Personal Data that will be collected and processed from time to time in your continued engagement with RUMC and is being, will be and will likely continue to be, used and processed by RUMC for the following purposes:
a) Processing of application for admission purposes and thereafter to ensure continuous provision of academic and educational services to you as enrolled students;
b) Maintenance of the student records (including personal, academic or training details) by using a college wide database systems known as “Baracuda” whereby the data will be stored in their server and management of academic or training purposes (for example, programme delivery, academic or training audits, examination boards, issue of transcripts and awarding of degrees, certificates, etc.);
c) Management of student services, including provision of learning resources and facilities, student accommodation, transportation, immigration, pastoral care and welfare services, students’ clubs or associations, careers services, internship, practicum or other industrial engagement;
d) Administration of alumni operations, including notification of alumni activities and provision of alumni benefits;
e) Provision of applicable extra- curricular activities such as student leadership programmes, student ambassador programmes, community programmes and career development programmes;
f) Management of fees and/or student loans and/or scholarship processing that includes payment, collection, credit reporting and recovery of debts.
g) Conduct of surveys and analysis;
h) Submissions, research and all other information as required by regulatory or statistical authorities agencies or bodies including the Ministry of Education, Malaysian Qualifications Agency, Ministry of Human Resources, Ministry of Home Affairs and the Department of Immigration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Department of Skills Development, Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional and, in relation to International Students, foreign authorities and embassies or consulates of the Students’ home countries;
i) Provision of information on the programmes activities and services of RUMC and related corporations in relation to RUMC or its related corporations’ programmes, activities and services;
j) Internal and external audits or disclosures or such other functions required to be complied in law;
k) Other purposes as may be specifically set out in the applicable specific programmes or activities as and when it may be entered between RUMC and you from time to time.
In particular, religious belief is processed for reporting purposes to the Ministry of Education and any other relevant authorities. Medical details are processed to assist you in your studies at RUMC.
SECTION C: DISCLOSURES AND TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (WITHIN OR OUTSIDE OF MALAYSIA)
1. Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI), University College Dublin (UCD) and National University of Ireland (NUI)
Your personal information is processed by RCSI, UCD and NUI and its authorised partners and/or representatives (within or outside of Malaysia) for the same purposes mentioned in Section B. RUMC will ensure that:
(i) Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements; and
(ii) Only necessary information is released to the relevant employees.
2. Third parties
Your personal information may be disclosed or transferred to relevant third parties (within or outside of Malaysia) as required under law, pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes stated in Section B above (or directly related to those purposes).
In the event of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation (“Transaction”), your personal information may be required to be disclosed or transferred to a third party as a result of the Transaction. You hereby acknowledge that such disclosure and transfer may occur and permit RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC) to release your personal information to the other party and its authorised advisers/representatives.
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- The Ministry of Education, other relevant government departments/agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- Foreign government departments, government agencies or authorities if you are enrolled in a foreign accredited programme;
- Malaysian Immigration Department (including agencies appointed by Malaysian Immigration Department to carry out its services) if you are required to obtain or renew your student visa for your tenure of studies with RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC);
- Parents/guardians (students below the age of 18);
- Parents/guardians if the students have indicated any intention of self-harm or harming others or have attempted to harm themselves or others or perceived self harm as deteminded by Senior Management;
- Foreign embassies;
- Your sponsors or other external bodies like JPA and MARA
- Our external counterparts providing external, exchange or other similar educational programmes;
- Third parties providing you with attachment placements or internships (hospitals and health centres) as part of your course requirements or where these are undertaken voluntarily
- Relevant professional or statutory regulatory bodies or accreditation bodies related to the programme or course requirements;
- Law enforcement agencies
- Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditors, lawyers, company secretary, printing companies, telecommunications companies, contractors, conference/training/event organiser, other advisers, travel agencies, recruitment agencies and insurance companies)
Upon your graduation, RUMC will retain your personal information indefinitely as part of the alumni records and database.
Please note that the Alumni Office will not disclose your personal information to third parties for commercial purposes.
SECTION D : WEBSITES
RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus (RUMC), has published this Privacy Statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of users of our Website. This policy relates to websites hosted under the rcsiucd.edu.my domain only. RUMC does not accept responsibility for the content or privacy practices of other external websites.
SECTION F : SECURITY, ACCESS AND CORRECTIONS
The College undertakes to maintain student personal data in a secure manner and to process and disclose data only in accordance with the PDPA.
Students have the responsibility to ensure that personal information provided to RUMC is accurate and up to date.
Students may contact the College in writing if they wish to:
- Make amendments to the personal data;
- Request access to a copy of the current personal data held by the college;
- Submit any enquiries or complaints; or
- Limit our right to process your personal data
All correspondence concerning the personal data protection shall be directed to :
Last updated : 19-Sept-2018